Thursday 8 September 2016

013 - Makeda2 vs. Nemo3

Last game of the weekend and i got to play against Cygnar again! This time with a caster i have never seen before, Nemo3. After a 3 game losing streak i felt ready to hit back hard, so Makeda was up!

Me:
Supreme Archdomina Makeda WB+24
 - Titan Gladiator - 14
 - Titan Sentry - 15
Tyrant Radheim - 9
Morthieurge Willbreaker - 4
Morthieurge Willbreaker - 4
Tyrant Commander and Standard - 6
min Paingiver Beasthandlers - 5
Max Praetorian Ferox - 21
Max Praetorian Ferox - 21

His list:
Artificer General Nemo WJ+25
 - Storm Chaser Finch - 0
 - Centurion - 17
 - Centurion - 17
 - Dynamo - 18
Journeyman Warcaster - 4
 - Sentinel - 8
Captain Arlan Strangewayes - 4
Stormsmith Stormcaller - 5
Anastasia di Bray - 3
Harlan Vesh, Illuminated One - 4
Storm Lances Max - 20

Pre Battle Thoughts and Deployment:

I know very little about Nemo3, and most of the things in his army for that matter.. But after a quick readthrough of his cards i could see that this could be tough. The Centurions will be incredibly hard for me to remove, with Arcane Shield/Electrify they get to silly levels of ARM, and Polarity Field means that getting the elements of my list that can actually dent them, to them, would be kind of a problem. He have very little that can deal with Ferox though..

We played The Pit, and once again i got to go first! I deployed in the usual way (in under a minute! Got to save time wherever i can). Cygnar deployed mostly behind his own flag. Storm Lances spread out a bit. Game on!


Stuff Runs up!


Cygnar Spreads out.


I shuffle a bit, moving Makeda over to my flag and setting up some threat angles on his his flag if he decides to move there.


He moves to his flag to score, but he blocks himself up real good to stop any poential threats. Di Bray ambushes and contests my flag. He shoots a bit, but there's little to no damage done to me.


I commit everything. I kill a Stormcaller, a few Lances, Journeyman and Finch. I jam as much as possible, and use the wall in the corner of the zone to my advantage. TyCom and a Ferox both tries to get rid of Di Bray, but fail.


Nemo Feats, and he manages to get rid of a Few Ferox. Anastasia tries to get rid of a Willbreaker, but she fails.


I kill the remaining Lances and the central Centurion is left with a single box of Movement. I deal a few boxes worth of damage to the other Centurion and Dynamo as well, and a few boxes on Nemo (I Feated).  I Finally kill Anastasia as well, and Versh.


I didn't take any more pictures after this as my clock started to run pretty low, but on his turn he kill a couple of Ferox, but not enough. The following turn four Ferox combine their attacks to strip the Focus Nemo is Camping and Radheim one shots him under Storm Rager.

Victory to the Tyrants!!

Finally a victory! And a pretty decent one as well i would hope. I never felt really threatened, although the Ferox line started to get a little thin towards the end. Even if the Assassination run had failed, i would still have both Titans left to Wreak some havok. 

It was really good to get a final victory before the upcoming tournement in Kristiansand! I'm really looking forward to it. I'm feeling pretty confident about my list pair, even though i haven't been able to get nearly enough table time with Xerxis to be really comfortable with him. Hopefully Makeda will be able to keep me up!









No comments:

Post a Comment